Assessing middle and high school social studies and English : differentiating formative assessment
- Waterman, Sheryn Spencer.
- Larchmont, NY : Eye on Education, c2010.
- Physical description
- x, 133 p. : ill. ; 28 cm.
LB1584 .W34 2010
- Unknown LB1584 .W34 2010
- Includes bibliographical references (p. 131-133).
- Meet the Author Preface 1. Differentiating Formative Assessment What is Differentiation? Why Differentiate Assessment? How Can We Link Assessment that Teachers Differentiate with Theories of Learning? More... 2. Mastery-Based Differentiated Formative Assessments New American Lecture Direct Instruction Graduated Difficulty Teams-Games-Tournaments More... 3. Understanding-Based Differentiated Formative Assessments Compare and Contrast Reading for Meaning Concept Attainment Problem-Based Learning More... 4. Self-Expressive-Based Differentiated Formative Assessments Inductive Learning Metaphorical Expression Pattern Maker 5. Interpersonal-Based Differentiated Formative Assessments Reciprocal Learning Problem-Solving and Decision-Making Jigsaw More... 6. Four Style Differentiated Formative Assessments Window Notes Circle of Knowledge/Seminar Do You Hear What I Hear? More... References.
- (source: Nielsen Book Data)
- Publisher's Summary
- For middle and high school teachers teachers of social studies and English, this book is filled with examples of instructional strategies that address students' readiness levels, interests, and learning preferences. It shows teachers how to formatively assess their students by addressing differentiated learning targets. Included are detailed examples of differentiated formative assessment schedules plus tips on how to collaborate with others to improve assessment processes. Teachers will learn how to adjust instruction for the whole class, for small groups, and for individuals. They will also uncover step-by-step procedures for creating their own lessons infused with opportunities to formatively assess students who participate in differentiated learning activities.
(source: Nielsen Book Data)
- Publication date
- Sheryn Spencer Waterman.