Student mobility : exploring the impacts of frequent moves on achievement : summary of a workshop
- Washington, D.C. : National Academies Press, c2010.
- Physical description
- x, 82 p. : ill. ; 23 cm.
LB3064.2 .S78 2010
- Unknown LB3064.2 .S78 2010
- Includes bibliographical references (p. 63-66).
- "Selected Bibliography on Student Mobility": p. 77-82.
- Publisher's Summary
- Many low-income families struggle with stable housing and frequently have to move due to foreclosures, rent increases, or other financial setbacks. Children in these families can experience lasting negative effects, especially those who are young and still developing basic learning and social skills. A joint NRC-IOM committee held a workshop in June 2009 to examine these issues, highlight patterns in current research, and discuss how to develop a support system for at-risk children.
(source: Nielsen Book Data)
- Publication date
- Alexandra Beatty, rapporteur ; Committee on the Impact of Mobility and Change on the Lives of Young Children, Schools, and Neighborhoods, Board on Children, Youth, and Families, Division of Behavioral and Social Sciences and Education, National Research Council and Institute of Medicine of the National Academies.
- "This workshop summary is based on on the discussion at a workshop convened by the Board on Children, Youth, and Families, June 29-30, 2009, and planned by the Committee on the Impact of Mobility and Change on the Lives of Young Children, Schools, and Neighborhoods"--P. vii.