Educating for social justice : transformative experiential learning
- Chicago, Ill. : Lyceum Books, c2011.
- Physical description
- ix, 341 p. : ill. ; 23 cm.
HM671 .E37 2011
- Unknown HM671 .E37 2011
- Birkenmaier, Julie.
- Includes bibliographical references and index.
- Defining social justice in a socially unjust world / Michael Reisch
- Theoretical frameworks for effective social justice education / Rene Pogue
- Spirituality and social justice : theoretical frameworks, exemplars, and pedagogical implications / David R. Hodge
- A review of social justice courses : toward transformative and cooperative learning / Philip Young P. Hong and David R. Hodge
- Hopeful, active realism : a pedagogy of critical social policy / Stephen Pimpare
- An investigation of transformative education theory as a basis for social justice education in a research methods course / Julie Schroeder and Rene Pogue
- Teaching about social justice through a multimedia format / Michael Reisch
- Utilizing cemetery work as a mechanism for teaching social justice and engaging students in restorative justice efforts / Carla J. Sofka and Diana Strock-Lynskey
- Using transformative learning to enhance social justice learning in diversity courses / Cecilia Thomas
- Learning about social justice through dialogue : democracy lab / Dolly Ford and Linda Ferrise
- Reframing field education : promoting social justice in practicum / Julie Birkenmaier and Ashley Cruce
- Family network partnership: a model for social justice education / Michael Forster and Tim Rehner
- Cambiamos juntos (changing together) : student voices on transformation through a social work semester in Mexico / Barbara A. Lehmann ... [et al.]
- Transformation in action : service-learning to promote social justice, empowerment, and advocacy / Carol A. Plummer, Priscilla Allen, and Catherine M. Lemieux
- Organizing on campus for civil liberties and social justice / Donna Hardina and Ruth Obel-Jorgensen
- Approaches to measuring transformative education experiences / R. Jan Wilson.
- Publication date
- edited by Julie Birkenmaier ...[et al.].