The world's fearlessness teachings : a critical integral approach to fear management/education for the 21st century
- Fisher, R. Michael.
- Lanham, Md. : University Press of America, c2010.
- Physical description
- xli, 351 p. : ill. ; 23 cm.
LC191 .F523 2010
- Unknown LC191 .F523 2010
- Includes bibliographical references (p. -289) and index.
- Chapter 1 Figures Chapter 2 Foreword Chapter 3 Preface Chapter 4 Acknowledgements Chapter 5 Introduction Chapter 6 1. Do We Really Want a Fearlessness (R)Evolution? Chapter 7 2. Fear Management Systems Theory: A Critical Integral Approach Chapter 8 3. World's Fearlessness Teachings: Managing the Human Fear Problem Chapter 9 4. Education as Life-long Learning: Do We Really Want to Raise Fearless Children? Chapter 10 5. Unifying the Fearlessness Movement: Educational Implications for a New Activist Agenda Chapter 11 References Cited Chapter 12 Index Chapter 13 About the Author.
- (source: Nielsen Book Data)
- Publisher's Summary
- The World's Fearlessness Teachings addresses the human fear problem in a truly unique and insightful way, summarizing the teachings on fearlessness from around the world and throughout history. The author then utilizes critical integral theory (a la Wilber) as an approach to categorize the developmental and evolutionary spectrum of fear management systems known thus far. The author has spent twenty years researching the timely topic of fear and how to best manage and transform it. From this experience, he offers an educational healing vision to address the challenges of a dangerous 21st century. Fear's empire has taken rule. It is time to resist it using the best intelligence from both sacred and secular traditions, as well as the transformational theories humanity has to offer. Fisher maps out ten fear management systems that will benefit future-positive leaders everywhere.
(source: Nielsen Book Data)
- Publication date
- R. Michael Fisher.
- Title Variation
- Critical integral approach to fear management/education for the 21st century