Newspapers : a complete guide to the industry
- Cupito, Mary Carmen, 1954-
- Includes bibliographical references and index.
- Just what is news anyway?
- The history of newspapers
- Why freedom of the press is essential
- The roles of a free press
- The role of the rural press
- Newspaper readership
- Newspaper ownership
- Newspaper ethics
- Newspapers and the law
- The newspaper meets the Internet
- The future (because there will be one).
- Publisher's Summary
- In a time of uncertainty and change in the newspaper industry, this book provides a concise and thorough overview of the field, looking back at newspapers' history, and forward to their future - and insisting there will be one. The authors, former journalists who now teach the subject, review the practices of the profession - from defining news to examining who owns newspapers, from newspaper readership to the new media environment. Written in an accessible style, this comprehensive text is well suited for a range of courses on newspapers.
(source: Nielsen Book Data)
- Publication date
- Mike Farrell and Mary Carmen Cupito.
- Media industries ; v. 6