Six steps to preparing exemplary principals and superintendents : leadership education at its best
- Hoyle, John.
- Lanham, Md. : Rowman & Littlefield Education, c2010.
- Physical description
- xii, 155 p. ; 24 cm.
LB2831.92 .H72 2010
- Unknown LB2831.92 .H72 2010
- Torres, Mario S.
- Includes bibliographical references (p. 139-149) and index.
- Chapter 1 The Ground Floor Chapter 2 Step One: Selecting the Best and Brightest Students Chapter 3 Step Two: Pretesting Entering Master's and Doctoral Students Chapter 4 Step Three: Aligning Master's Degree Programs with The 2008 ISLLC Education Policy Standards and Doctoral Level Programs with the Canons of Research and Best Practices Chapter 5 Step Four: Creating and Maintaining Effective Student Advisory Committees Chapter 6 Step Five: Creating and Maintaining an Effective Support Staff Chapter 7 Step Six: Conducting Annual Reviews with Graduates Serving as Principals or Superintendents Chapter 8 Final Words.
- (source: Nielsen Book Data)
- Publisher's Summary
- Six Steps to Preparing Exemplary Principals and Superintendents is the first book to inspire and guide professors and program administrator's proven ways to prepare exemplary principals and superintendents for schools. The authors review issues surrounding extreme criticism of leadership education and counter with positive new research and practices that clearly highlight successful programs that link preparation to on-the-job successes of graduates. The reader will find a step-by-step guide to selecting the best students, creating a pre- and post-assessment of student learning, a well-designed procedure to pretest and assure that all masters degree students actually acquire a strong knowledge base and score well on state licensure exams. The final step provides proven questionnaires to survey graduates of the masters or doctoral programs to gather valuable feedback for constant program improvement and relevance to the real world of schools.
(source: Nielsen Book Data)
- Publication date
- John R. Hoyle and Mario S. Torres, Jr.