Bilingual and ESL classrooms : teaching in multicultural contexts
- Ovando, Carlos Julio.
- 5th ed.
- New York, NY, : McGraw-Hill, c2012.
- Physical description
- 1 v. (various pagings) : ill. ; 24 cm.
LC3731 .O96 2012
- Unknown LC3731 .O96 2012
- Combs, Mary Carol.
- Includes bibliographical references and indexes.
- Preface Foreword Prologue: Carlos's Story Chapter 1: Students Chapter 2: Policy and Programs Chapter 3: Teaching Chapter 4: Language Chapter 5: Culture Chapter 6: Mathematics and Science Chapter 7: Social Studies Chapter 8: Assessment Chapter 9: Bilingual Special Education Chapter 10: School and Community Afterword Glossary References Credits Index.
- (source: Nielsen Book Data)
- Publisher's Summary
- This classic text integrates theory and practice to provide comprehensive coverage of bilingual and ESL education. The text covers the foundations of bilingual and ESL education and provides a strong focus on what the teacher needs to know in a bilingual classroom. Woven throughout the text are quotes from bilingual and ESL students and teachers that illuminate the bilingual/ESL learning and teaching experience.
(source: Nielsen Book Data)
- Publication date
- Carlos J. Ovando, Mary Carol Combs ; foreword by Teresa McCarty ; afterword by Eugene E. García.
- Previous ed.: 2006.