School social work : an evidence-informed framework for practice
- Oxford ; New York : Oxford University Press, 2010.
- Physical description
- x, 278 p. : ill. ; 25 cm.
- Evidence-based practices series.
LB3013.4 .S355 2010
- Unknown LB3013.4 .S355 2010
- Kelly, Michael S. (Michael Stokely), 1968-
- Includes bibliographical references (p. 223-271) and index.
- Publisher's Summary
- School Social Work: An Evidence-Informed Framework for Practice offers school social work students and veteran practitioners a new framework for choosing their interventions based on the best available evidence. It is the first work that synthesizes the evidence-based practice (EBP) process with recent conceptual frameworks of school social work clinical practice offered by leading scholars and policymakers. Many other books on EBP try to fit empirically validated treatments into practice contexts without considering the multiple barriers to implementing evidence-based practices in places as complicated and multi-faceted as schools. Additionally, there are vital questions in the literature about what the best levels for intervention are in school social work. Responding to the complexity of applying EBP in schools, this volume offers a conceptual framework that addresses the real-world concerns of practitioners as they work to provide the best services to their school clients. For each domain of school social work practice, the authors critically review interventions, presenting the current research with guidelines for addressing such implementation issues as cost, school culture, adaptations for special populations, and negotiating multiple arenas of practice. In addition, the chapters are grounded in the process of evidence-based practice, illustrating how school practitioners can pose useful questions, search for relevant evidence, appraise the evidence, apply it in keeping with client values, and monitor the results. Written by four school social work scholars with over four decades of theoretical, research, and practice experience, this volume will be relevant to both research faculty studying school social work interventions and students learning about school social work practice.
(source: Nielsen Book Data)
- Publication date
- Michael S. Kelly ... [et al.].
- Evidence-based practices series