The other side of the desk : a 20/20 look at the principalship
- Tareilo, Janet.
- Lanham, Md. : Rowman & Littlefield Education, c2010.
- Physical description
- xiii, 261 p. ; 24 cm.
LB2831.92 .T37 2010
- Unknown LB2831.92 .T37 2010
- Includes bibliographical references (p. 257-259).
- Chapter 1 Foreword Chapter 2 Know Thyself Chapter 3 Wearing the Red Cape Doesn't Make You Superman Chapter 4 Building a School Vision or How I Learned to Play with Lincoln Logs Chapter 5 Once a Teacher, Always a Teacher Chapter 6 My Mama Said...Loving the Kids Despite the Parents Chapter 7 I Didn't Go to Law School and Neither Did You Chapter 8 Shepherding the Pups: Helping First-Year Teachers Chapter 9 It's Lonely at the Top Chapter 10 Tonto Rode Beside the Lone Ranger, Not Behind Him Chapter 11 I'm Supposed to Know How to Do What Chapter 12 Somebody Has to Be in Charge and They Chose You Chapter 13 And Then There Are Some...
- (source: Nielsen Book Data)
- Publisher's Summary
- The Other Side of the Desk explores the world of the principal with stories that capture readers' attention and moves them through the daily life of a school leader. Humorous and heart-wrenching memories fill each page as the author retells the stories that challenged her and affected her daily life as the principal of an elementary campus. Tareilo's experiences as a principal ranged from dealing with difficult teachers and parents to stories that will touch the lives of any educator. She reveals the working world of the principal in a clear, and sometimes frank, language with the intent to bolster and support newly positioned principals and reignite the leadership fire for those with many years of experience. From beginning to end, The Other Side of the Desk invites readers into a leadership experience that will have them laughing, crying, and believing that they too can make a difference in the lives of children.
(source: Nielsen Book Data)
- Publication date
- Janet Tareilo.