- Publication date:
- Oxford ; New York : Oxford University Press, 2007.
- viii, 483 p.,  p. of plates : ill. (some col.) ; 29 cm.
Includes bibliographical references and indexes.
- Introduction. Organizing the tools and methods of affective science / James A. Coan and John J.B. Allen
- I. EMOTION ELICITATION
- 1. Emotion elicitation using films / Jonathan Rottenberg, Rebecca D. Ray, and James J. Gross
- 2. The international affective picture system (IAPS) in the study of emotion and attention / Margaret M. Bradley and Peter J. Lang
- 3. The directed facial action task : emotional responses without appraisal / Paul Ekman
- 4. Emotional behaviors as emotional stimuli / James D. Laird and Sarah Strout
- 5. Probing unconscious emotional processes : on becoming a successful masketeer / Stefan Wiens and Arne Öhman
- 6. Social psychological methods of emotion elicitation / Eddie Harmon-Jones, David M. Amodio, and Leah R. Zinner
- 7. Emotion elicitation using dyadic interaction tasks / Nicole A. Roberts, Jeanne L. Tsai, and James A. Coan
- 8. Combining music with thought to change mood / Eric Eich ... [et al.]
- 9. Emotion elicited by primary reinforcers and following stimulus-reinforcement association learning / Edmund T. Rolls
- 10. Emotion elicitation with neurological patients / Robert W. Levenson
- II. EMOTION ASSESSMENT
- 11. Assessing positive and negative affect via self-report / Elizabeth K. Gray and David Watson
- 12. The information-processing approach to emotion research / Edward Wilson, Colin MacLeod, and Lynlee Campbell
- 13. Observer-based measurement of facial expression with the facial action coding system / Jeffrey F. Cohn, Zara Ambadar, and Paul Ekman
- 14. Use of automated facial image analysis for measurement of emotion expression / Jeffrey F. Cohn and Takeo Kanade
- 15. Measuring emotion-related vocal acoustics / Michael J. Owren and Jo-Anne Gottman
- 17. Continuous measurement of emotion : the affect rating dial / Anna Marie Ruef and Robert W. Levenson
- 18. Assessing understanding and appraisals during emotional experience : the development and use of the Narcoder / Nancy L. Stein and Marc W. Hernandez
- 19. The time sampling diary (TSD) of emotional experience in everyday life situations / Hermann Brandstätter
- 20. Methodological considerations in the study of emotion across cultures / David Matsumoto and Seung Hee Yoo
- 21. Considerations in studying emotion in infants and children / Heather A. Henderson and Nathan A. Fox
- 22. Conceptual, theoretical, and methodological issues in inferring subjective emotion experience : recommendations for researchers / Lis Nielsen and Alfred W. Kaszniak
- III. METHODS FOR UNDERSTANDING THE BIOLOGICAL BASES OF EMOTION
- 23. Studying emotion in animals : methods, materials, and training / Lisa A. Parr and Katalin M. Gothard
- 24. The psychophysiological laboratory / John J. Curtin, David L. Lozano, and John J.B. Allen
- 25. Investigating human emotion with lesions and intracranial recording / Ralph Adolphs
- 26. Functional magnetic resonance imaging and the study of emotion / Catherine J. Norris, James A. Coan, and Tom Johnstone.
- Coan, James A.
Allen, John J. B.
Series in affective science.