Conducting research in educational contexts
- Basit, Tehmina N.
- London ; New York : Continuum, 2010.
- Physical description
- ix, 238 p. : ill. ; 25 cm.
LB1028 .B358 2010
- Unknown LB1028 .B358 2010
- Includes bibliographical references (p. -228) and indexes.
- Introduction: Passionate enquiries-- Part 1: Getting Started-- 1. Research Paradigms and Approaches: Choosing models and traditions-- 2. Designing the Project: Preparing the groundwork-- 3. Issues in Research: Moral, authentic and trustworthy investigations-- Part 2: Gathering Data-- 4. Questionnaires: The strength of numbers-- 5. Interviews: The beauty of verbal interaction-- 6. Observation: The charm of gathering data in situ-- 7. Documents: Exploiting records of social phenomena-- Part 3: Making Sense of Data-- 8. Quantitative Data Analysis: Seeking breadth and generalisability-- 9. Qualitative Fata Analysis: Achieving depth and richness-- 10. Writing Up: The potency of written argument-- References-- Index.
- (source: Nielsen Book Data)
- Publisher's Summary
- Providing a logical, step-by-step approach to educational research, this handbook is the ideal companion for students embarking on a research project for the first time. Anyone embarking on a research project for the first time is likely to be daunted by the research process and the huge array of impenetrable jargon. This user-friendly yet comprehensive handbook is designed as a survival guide for the inexperienced researcher. Divided into three sections, the handbook carefully guides the reader step-by-step through the whole research process, from getting started and gathering data, to making sense of the data. Accessible and down-to-earth, this handbook will prove a one-stop resource for educational researchers everywhere.
(source: Nielsen Book Data)
- Publication date
- Tehmina N. Basit.