Demystify math, science, and technology : creativity, innovation, and problem solving
- Adams, Dennis, 1947-
- Lanham, Md. : Rowman & Littlefield Education, c2010.
- Physical description
- viii, 165 p. ; 24 cm.
QA135.6 .A329 2010
- Unknown QA135.6 .A329 2010
- Hamm, Mary.
- Includes bibliographical references.
- Chapter 1 Creativity, Innovation, and Differentiation: Problem-Solving and Inquiry in Math, Science, and Technology Chapter 2 Creative and Innovative Thinking: Differentiated Inquiry, Open-Ended Problem-Solving, and Innovation Chapter 3 Problem-Solving in Mathematics: Creativity and Innovation in a New Age of Numbers Chapter 4 Science Inquiry: Thinking, Differentiation, and Preparing for the Future Chapter 5 Technology and Education: Creativity, Innovation, and Preparing for the Future.
- (source: Nielsen Book Data)
- Publisher's Summary
- Technology is viewed as a powerful force both in and out of school and has long been linked with math and science. Although concepts and activities of this book apply to any grade, the primary focus is on the elementary and middle school levels. This book provides principles and practical strategies for promoting creative and innovative work in math, science, and technology. The authors pay close attention to the social nature of learning and how collaboration can spark student interest in open-ended problem-solving. Shining a light on mathematic, scientific, and technological processes gives everyone more control over what is going on around them and increases understanding of how things work.
(source: Nielsen Book Data)
- Mathematics > Study and teaching (Elementary)
- Mathematics > Study and teaching (Middle school)
- Science > Study and teaching (Elementary)
- Science > Study and teaching (Middle school)
- Technology > Study and teaching (Elementary)
- Technology > Study and teaching (Middle school)
- Group work in education.
- Publication date
- Dennis Adams and Mary Hamm.