Text from II Kings, chapters 4:31-6:28 : manuscript leaf from a medieval Bible
- Uniform Title
- Bible Latin.
- [Italy, circa 1150-1200?]
- Physical description
- 1 leaf ; 552 x 362 mm. (housed in print box)
All materials are stored offsite. Request items 2 business days in advance. Maximum 5 items per day.
Manuscript Collection: request at Special Collections service desk
- In-library use M1737
- A very early and unusually large decorated vellum manuscript leaf.
- Double columns, 58 lines, written in a very fine, very regular late Carolingian hand.
- Six red painted initials extending three to six lines.
- Bottom of one side with four lines in Italian dated 1848 exhorting Pius IX to have a long life.
- Recovered from a binding, so trimmed diagonally at all four corners, thin cracks where the book had been sewn, one side with most of the text faded by glue and with nine lines illegible, six or eight lines of text slightly blurred on the other side.
- Open for research; material must be requested at least 24 hours in advance of intended use.
- Purchased, 2010. Accession 2010-020.