Prioritizing academic programs and services : reallocating resources to achieve strategic balance
LB2341 .D523 2010
- Unknown LB2341 .D523 2010
- Includes bibliographical references (p. 213-220) and index.
- Foreword (Stanley O. Ikenberry). Preface to the Revised Edition. Preface to the First Edition. About the Author. 1. Recognizing the Need for Reform. 2. Identifying Responsible Leadership. 3. Reaffirming Institutional Mission. 4. Defining What Constitutes a Program. 5. Selecting Appropriate Criteria. 6. Measuring, Analyzing, Prioritizing. 7. Anticipating Process Issues. 8. Implementing Program Decisions. 9. Achieving Strategic Balance. Resource A: Outsourcing Practices in Higher Education. Resource B: Sample Process Agenda Adopted by a Land Grant University. Resource C: Criteria for Measuring Administrative Programs. Resource D: Case Studies: Excerpts from Implementation Plans. Resource E: Sources of Hidden Costs. Resource F: Model Communication Plan. Resource G: Prioritization Process and Implementation. References. Index.
- (source: Nielsen Book Data)
- Publisher's Summary
- This newly revised best-selling classic "Prioritizing Academic Programs and Services" continues to offer a proven step-by-step approach to reallocating resources in tough times. This updated text includes templates, available also online, for prioritizing communications plans to ensure more successful campus implementation and to avoid mistakes. Based on the author's extensive consulting experiences including serving several hundred two- and four-year colleges and corporations ranging from hospitals to bank holding companies, this revised edition is necessary and timely for the current economic concerns affecting colleges and universities.
(source: Nielsen Book Data)
- Universities and colleges > United States > Administration.
- Educational leadership > United States.
- Educational change > United States.
- Universities and colleges > United States > Sociological aspects.
- Universities and colleges > United States > Administration > Case studies.
- Educational leadership > United States > Case studies.
- Educational change > United States > Case studies.
- Publication date
- Robert C. Dickeson ; foreword by Stanley O. Ikenberry.
- The Jossey-Bass higher and adult education series