- Uniform Title
- Moon (Motion picture)
- English, French. In English or dubbed French, with optional English SDH or French subtitles; English special feature subtites and English subtitled commtaries.
- Culver City, Calif. : Sony Pictures Classics, c2009.
- Physical description
- 1 videodisc (97 min.) : sd., col. ; 4 3/4 in.
Ask at Media Microtext desk
- Unknown ZDVD 22281
- Fenegan, Stuart. Producer
- Styler, Trudie. Producer
- Jones, Duncan, 1971- Director
- Parker, Nathan. Author of screenplay
- Mansell, Clint. Composer
- Rockwell, Sam. Actor
- McElligott, Dominique. Actor
- Scodelario, Kaya, 1992- Actor
- Wong, Benedict. Actor
- Berry, Matt, 1974- Actor
- Stewart, Malcolm Actor
- Spacey, Kevin Actor
- Liberty Films.
- Xingu Films.
- Limelight Productions.
- Sony Pictures Classics (Firm)
- Astronaut Sam Bell is completing a three-year contract with Lunar Industries to mine Earth's primary source of energy on the dark side of the moon: Helium-3. His declining health is causing headaches and hallucinations that lead to a near-fatal accident, rendering him unconscious. After recuperating, an unexpected discovery leads him to doubt his sanity, his identity, and the integrity of the company. Believing he is alone on his mission, his sole purpose is getting back home on his own.
- Astronauts > Drama.
- Helium > Drama.
- Mining engineering > Drama.
- Headache > Drama.
- Hallucinations and illusions > Drama.
- Discoveries in geography > Drama.
- Outer space > Exploration > Drama.
- Moon > Drama.
- Publication date
- a Liberty Films production in association with Xingu Films and Limelight ; story by Duncan Jones ; written by Nathan Parker ; producers, Stuart Fenegan, Trudie Styler ; director, Duncan Jones.
- A foreign film (Great Britain).
- Originally produced as a motion picture.
- Special features include commentary with writer/director Duncan Jones and producer Stuart Fenegan; commentary with writer/director, Duncan Jones, director of photography Gary Shaw, concept designer Gavin Rothery and production designer Tony Noble; the making of Moon; creating the visual effects; "Whistle" a short film by Duncan Jones; Spece Center Houston Q&A with director Duncan Jones; filmmaker's Q&A at the Sundance Film Festival; theatrical traler; previews.
- Production Credits
- Director of photography, Gary Shaw; editor, Nicolas Gaster; music, Clint Mansell.
- Sam Rockwell, Dominique McElligott, Kaya Scodelario, Benedict Wong, Matt Berry, Malcolm Stewart, Kevin Spacey (voice).
- MPAA rating: R; for language.
- DVD (NTSC, region 1); anamorphic widescreen (2.40:1) presentation; Dolby Digital 5.1 surround.
- Included Work
- Publisher Number
- 31525 Sony Pictures Classics