5 year plan
-  leaves : chiefly col. ill. ; 34 x 34 cm. + 1 book (xii, 164 p. ; 18 cm.)
- Physical description
- [Ridgewood, NY? : A. Sinift] 2010.
See circulation desk for access
N7433.4 .S588 F5 2010
- Unknown N7433.4 .S588 F5 2010
- Sinift, Aaron.
- Publication date
- Title Variation
- Five year plan
- Five year plan literary companion
- "Screen & block printed, woven, hand-spun & sewin in India 2010. Cover [by] Aaron Sinift--instigator/producer."--verso of cover
- With two woven bags in decorated white corrugated cardboard box (36 x 37 cm.); also laid in: 5 year plan literary companion (#117 of 1000, signed by Aaron [Sinift])
- "... The project first and foremost was born from the desire to make a work of Art, unique in character and materiality. The inspiration came from the artworks printed onto the side of sling bags called jholas that are commonly made by Gandhi ashram collectives throughout India. The cloth they are made from, called khadi, is made from hand-spun cotton thread woven on hand-looms, a cloth with deep resonance in India. ... Khadi was the backbone of Gandhi's vision, a means of subsistence for the poorest of the poor. The spinning and weaving process itself also had deep spiritual resonance for Gandhi, in its potential to turn the mind to non-violence and compassion. A book of such artworks should contain the medium of the message and therefore be printed onto khadi. ..."--Introduction to 5 year plan literary companion.
- Includes the project's original press release and prospectus; a copy of "Chai Chillum Chapati"; a photocopied colophon; and a personalized thank-you letter from Aaron Sinift.
- Art & Architecture Library copy 1: #425 of 1000, signed by Aaron [Sinift].
- Local Subject
- Stanford Artists' Books Collection.