Creative expression in transformative learning : tools and techniques for educators of adults
- Original ed. - Malabar, Fla. : Krieger Pub. Co., 2009.
- Physical description
- xiv, 200 p. : ill. ; 24 cm.
LC1100 .C74 2009
- Unknown LC1100 .C74 2009
- Includes bibliographical references (p. 179-192) and index.
- Transformative learning, multiple ways of knowing, and creativity theory in progress
- The body as a way of knowing : meditation, movement, and image / Heather Stuckey
- The power of story : metaphors, literature, and creative writing / Chad Hoggan
- Raising awareness of transformation : collage, creative expression, and imagination / Soni Simpson
- Noting the potential for transformation : creative expression through music / Colleen Wiessner
- The other side of the mirror : intuitive knowing, visual imagery, and transformative learning / Randee Lipson Lawrence
- Improvising learning space / Pamela Meyer
- Using creative expression in adult learning contexts references.
- Publisher's Summary
- Transformative learning is a theory of adult education that focuses on the profound changes - or transformations - that can occur in the lives of adults. It is not as concerned with incremental advances in learners' knowledge as it is with their mental frameworks for making meaning from life experiences. This book explores the role of creative expression in this transformational process. It provides a practical and accessible approach to using creative expression with adult learners. The book provides various tools, methods and creative modalities that have been used to promote transformative learning, and discusses how adult educators themselves are transformative learners.
(source: Nielsen Book Data)
- Publication date
- edited by Chad Hoggan, Soni Simpson and Heather Stuckey.