Tier 3 of the RTI model : problem solving through a case study approach
- Thousand Oaks, Calif. : Corwin, c2010.
- Physical description
- xvi, 229 p. : ill. ; 26 cm.
LC4802 .T54 2010
- Unknown LC4802 .T54 2010
- Includes bibliographical references (p. 215-224) and index.
- Preface Acknowledgments About the Authors 1. Introduction to RTI and the Case Study Model Context and History The Response to Intervention Process The Case Study Model and Prereferral Intervention Summary 2. Assessment Principles and Practices Assessment Methods Assessment at Tier 1 Assessment at Tier 2 Assessing Behavior Summary 3. Facilitating Response to Intervention in Schools School Psychologist as Systems Change Agent Evaluating the System Goal Setting RTI Implementation Summary 4. Problem Identification Tier 1 Tier 2 Tier 3 Behavioral Definition of the Problem Problem Certification: Establishing the Severity of the Discrepancy Between Actual and Expected Performance Formulating Intervention Goals Planning Data-Collection Activities for Baseline Measurement and Progress Monitoring Assessment of Factors Related to the Problem Summary 5. Problem Analysis Generating Hypotheses Primary and Secondary Dependent Variables Types of Hypotheses Intervention Selection Hypothesis Testing Summary 6. Single-Case Design Single-Case Design and Hypothesis Testing Single-Case Design and Progress Monitoring Choosing a Single-Case Design Summary 7. Intervention Selecting Research-Based Interventions Intervention Integrity Linking Interventions to Hypotheses Characteristics of Effective Academic Interventions Characteristics of Effective Behavioral Interventions Targets of Intervention Summary 8. Evaluating Case Study Outcomes Visual Analysis Conducting Visual Analyses Magnitude of Change Choosing, Calculating, and Interpreting Effect Sizes Quality of the Outcome: Goal-Attainment Scaling Choosing Evaluation Methods and Judging Outcomes Summary 9. Using the Case Study to Determine Special Education Eligibility Disability Versus Eligibility Determination Responsiveness Versus Resistance Using Case Study Information for Special Education Eligibility Determination RTI and Specific Learning Disabilities Decision Making in Eligibility Determination Technical Adequacy of Decision-Making Practices Eligibility Decisions Summary 10. Program Evaluation Case Study Structure Case Study Rubric Case Study: Morgan Case Study: Reggie Evaluation of School Psychology Services and Programs Case Study Fidelity Intervention Integrity Magnitude of Change Goal-Attainment Scaling Summary References Index.
- (source: Nielsen Book Data)
- Publisher's Summary
- 'This book offers critical, practical, coherent, comprehensive, and research-based information for schools and districts implementing an RTI framework of intervention. It maps a seamless process of support that enables school psychologists and school teams to provide tiered interventions to increase student achievement' - Jane Wagmeister, Director of Curriculum, Instruction, and Continuous Improvement, RTI Co-Chair Task Force Ventura County Office of Education. Identify students' learning needs and make appropriate decisions regarding instruction and intervention! Response to Intervention (RTI) is a three-tiered framework that helps all students by providing targeted interventions at increasing levels of intensity. This detailed guide to tier 3 of the RTI model provides school psychologists and RTI teams with a case study approach to conducting intensive, comprehensive student evaluations. With step-by-step guidelines for primary and secondary education, this resource demonstrates how to develop a specific case study for students who are struggling in the general classroom. Focusing exclusively on the third tier, the book: provides guidance on problem identification and analysis, progress monitoring, selection of research-based interventions, and evaluation of case study outcomes; addresses both academic and behavioural challenges, including mental health issues; shows how school psychologists can collaborate with other members of the RTI team; provides tools for assessment and for tracking progress Tier 3 of the RTI Model; and, guides school psychologists through the involved, in-depth process of building a case study that identifies student needs and helps educators determine the best way to educate students with learning challenges.
(source: Nielsen Book Data)
- Publication date
- Sawyer Hunley, Kathy McNamara.
- Title Variation
- Tier three of the RTI model
- "A Joint Publication [with] National Association of School Psychologists."