Nanoscience and technology : a collection of reviews from Nature journals
- Singapore : World Scientific ; London : Nature Pub. Group, c2010.
- Physical description
- xx, 346 p. : ill. (some col.) ; 29 cm.
T174.7 .N3583 2010
- Unknown T174.7 .N3583 2010
- Rodgers, Peter.
- Includes bibliographical references.
- Nanomaterials and Nanostructures: Progress Towards Monodisperse Single-Walled Carbon Nanotubes (Mark C Hersam)-- The Rise of Graphene (A K Geim & K S Novoselov)-- Multiferroics: Progress and Prospects in Thin Films (R Ramesh & Nicola A Spaldin)-- Inorganic Nanotubes and Fullerene-Like Nanoparticles (R Tenne)-- The Role of Interparticle and External Forces in Nanoparticle Assembly (Younjin Min et al.)-- Complex Thermoelectric Materials (G Jeffrey Snyder & Eric S Toberer)-- Solid-State Nanopores (Cees Dekker)-- Engineering Atomic and Molecular Nanostructures at Surfaces (Johannes V Barth et al.)-- Molecular Machines and Devices: Making Molecular Machines Work (Wesley R Browne & Ben L Feringa)-- Molecular Logic and Computing (A Prasanna de Silva & Seiichi Uchiyama)-- Harnessing Biological Motors to Engineer Systems for Nanoscale Transport and Assembly (Anita Goel & Viola Vogel)-- Designed DNA Molecules: Principles and Applications of Molecular Nanotechnology (Anne Condon)-- DNA Nanomachines (Jonathan Bath & Andrew J Turberfield)-- Nanoelectronics: Nanoelectronics from the Bottom Up (Wei Lu & Charles M Lieber)-- The Emergence of Spin Electronics in Data Storage (Claude Chappert et al.)-- Nanoionics-Based Resistive Switching Memories (Rainer Waser & Masakazu Aono)-- Technology and Metrology of New Electronic Materials and Devices (Eric Vogel)-- Carbon-Based Electronics (Phaedon Avouris et al.)-- Electron Transport in Molecular Junctions (N J Tao)-- Molecular Spintronics using Single-Molecule Magnets (Lapo Bogani & Wolfgang Wernsdorfer)-- Nanophotonics: Light in Tiny Holes (C Genet & T W Ebbesen)-- Nano-Optics from Sensing to Waveguiding (Surbhi Lal et al.)-- Semiconductor Quantum Light Sources (Andrew J Shields)-- Biomimetics of Photonic Nanostructures (Andrew R Parker & Helen E Townley)-- Nanobiotechnology and Nanomedicine: Nanoparticle Therapeutics: An Emerging Treatment Modality for Cancer (Mark E Davis et al.)-- Neuroscience Nanotechnology: Progress, Opportunities and Challenges (Gabriel A Silva)-- The Potential and Challenges of Nanopore Sequencing (Daniel Branton et al.)-- Atomic Force Microscopy as a Multifunctional Molecular Toolbox in Nanobiotechnology (Daniel J Muller & Yves F Dufrene)-- Immunological Properties of Engineered Nanomaterials (Marina A Dobrovolskaia & Scott E McNeil)-- Injectable Nanocarriers for Biodetoxification (Jean-Christophe Leroux)-- Selected Applications: Applications of Dip-Pen Nanolithography (Khalid Salaita et al.)-- Biosensing with Plasmonic Nanosensors (Jeffrey N Anker et al.)-- Materials for Electrochemical Capacitors (Patrice Simon & Yury Gogotsi)-- Future Lab-on-a-Chip Technologies for Interrogating Individual Molecules (Harold Craighead)-- Science and Technology for Water Purification in the Coming Decades (Mark A Shannon et al.).
- (source: Nielsen Book Data)
- Publisher's Summary
- This book contains 35 review articles on nanoscience and nanotechnology that were first published in "Nature Nanotechnology", "Nature Materials" and a number of other "Nature" journals. The articles are all written by leading authorities in their field and cover a wide range of areas in nanoscience and technology, from basic research (such as single-molecule devices and new materials) through to applications (in, for example, nanomedicine and data storage).
(source: Nielsen Book Data)
- Publication date
- edited by Peter Rodgers ; with an introduction by James Heath.
- "This book brings together 35 review and progress articles from eight different Nature journals"--P. ix.