Strong schools, strong leaders : what matters most in times of change
- Wiseman, Perry P.
- Lanham, Md. : Rowman & Littlefield Education, c2010.
- Physical description
- ix, 145 p. : ill. ; 24 cm.
LB2805 .W545 2010
- Unknown LB2805 .W545 2010
- Includes bibliographical references (p. 141-143).
- 1 Dedication 2 Foreword by Dr. Thomas Harvey 3 Acknowledgements 4 Smart Schools and a Strong Foundation 5 Foundation #1: Listening to People and the Environment 6 Methods for "Listening": Creating Combined Wisdom in Schools 7 Foundation #2: Building Agreements 8 Methods for Building Productive Norms: Creating Common Values and Principles 9 Foundation #3: Co-Creating Purpose 10 Methods for Creating a United Purpose: Engaging Everyone in Deep Dialogue 11 Foundation #4: Fostering Effective Teams 12 Methods for Forming Successful Teams: Developing the Five Fast ID Elements 13 Becoming a Progressive Practitioner: Applying the Four Key Foundations 14 Final Thoughts 15 Bibliography 16 Index.
- (source: Nielsen Book Data)
- Publisher's Summary
- These are tough times for schools. With the current accountability measures and economic instability, schools are finding it hard to keep up. They are being flipped upside-down, bent out of shape, and stretched to the limit. Although everyone is taking a real beating, it has also sparked a stirring opportunity for the simple-yet profound-leadership model called foundational leadership. Strong Schools, Strong Leaders was written for everyday practitioners aiming to create staffs capable of making their schools sparkle amidst the chaos. Not only does this book describe four essential foundational practices of the foundational leader, it also provides the reader with the specific processes to move each of them from theory to practice.
(source: Nielsen Book Data)
- Publication date
- Perry P. Wiseman.