LB880 .F682 F46 2010
- Unknown LB880 .F682 F46 2010
- Includes bibliographical references (p. -227) and index.
- Intellectual biography-- Critical exposition of the thinker's work-- The reception and influence of the work-- The relevance of the work today-- Bibliography-- Index.
- (source: Nielsen Book Data)
- Publisher's Summary
- This is a major international reference series providing comprehensive accounts of the work of seminal educational thinkers from a variety of periods, disciplines and traditions. Michael Foucault is undisputedly a major thinker in education. Lynn Fendler's volume offers the most coherent account of Foucault's educational thought. This work is divided into: intellectual bibliography; critical exposition of Foucault's work; the reception and influence of Foucault's work; and, the relevance of the work today. It is the most ambitious and prestigious such project ever published - a definitive resource for at least a generation. The thinkers include: Aquinas, Aristotle, Bourdieu, Bruner, Dewey, Foucault, Freire, Holt, Kant, Locke, Montessori, Neill, Newman, Owen, Peters, Piaget, Plato, Rousseau, Steiner, Vygotsky, West and Wollstonecraft.
(source: Nielsen Book Data)
- Publication date
- Lynn Fendler.
- Continuum library of educational thought ; v. 22