The new significance of learning : imagination's heartwork
- Hogan, Pádraig.
- London ; New York : Routledge, 2010.
- Physical description
- ix, 197 p. ; 25 cm.
LB14.7 .H645 2010
- Unknown LB14.7 .H645 2010
- Includes bibliographical references (p. -194) and index.
- Introduction Part One: The Identity of Education as a Practice 1. The Harnessing of Learning: Older and Newer Reins 2. Overcoming a Post-modern Debility 3. The Integrity of Educational Practice 4. Disclosing Educational Practice from the Inside 5. Opening Delphi 6. Eros, Inclusion and Care in Teaching and Learning Part Two: Educational Forms of Understanding and Action 7. Understanding in Human Experience and in Learning 8. Cultural Tradition and Educational Experience 9. Giving Voice to the Text 10. Neither Born nor Made: The Education of Teachers 11. The New Significance of Learning 12. Imagination's Heartwork.
- (source: Nielsen Book Data)
- Publisher's Summary
- Reviews the restricting consequences of older and different forms of paternalism, in education, taking a historical perspective and offering a cohesive sustained argument.
(source: Nielsen Book Data)
- Publication date
- Pádraig Hogan.