Preparing principals for a changing world : lessons from effective school leadership programs
- Darling-Hammond, Linda, 1951-
- 1st ed.
- San Francisco, CA : Jossey-Bass, c2010.
- Physical description
- xii, 320 p. : ill. ; 24 cm.
LB2831.9 .D38 2010
- Unknown LB2831.9 .D38 2010
- Includes bibliographical references (p. 301-308) and index.
- Preface. Acknowledgments. Chapter One: Developing School Leadership: The Current Challenge. Chapter Two: Studying Exemplary Programs. Chapter Three: Preparing New Leaders: What Successful Programs Do. Chapter Four: Sustaining School Leaders: Supports for On-the-Job Learning. Chapter Five: Evaluating Programs: What Well-Prepared Principals Know and Are Able to Do. Chapter 6: Supporting Exemplary Programs. Chapter 7: Creating Policy for Leadership Development. Chapter 8: Pulling it All Together: Conclusions and Implications. Appendix A: Research Methods. Appendix B: Survey Instruments. Appendix C: Cross-State Comparisons of Principals' Survey Data. References.
- (source: Nielsen Book Data)
- Publisher's Summary
- Award-winning author and educator Linda Darling-Hammond examines the characteristics of successful educational leadership programs, and offers concrete recommendations to improve the five-hundred plus programs nationwide. If implemented, the suggested changes will result in a greater number of highly qualified, thoughtful, and innovative educational leaders. In this study funded by the Wallace Foundation, Darling-Hammond and a team of researchers evaluate eight principal-development programs. Their research reveals what effective programs look like, and what skills and knowledge participants in these programs gain.
(source: Nielsen Book Data)
- Publication date
- Linda Darling-Hammond ... [et al.].