Equality in the secondary school : promoting good practice across the curriculum
- London ; New York : Continuum, c2009.
- Physical description
- xi, 318 p. : ill. ; 24 cm.
LC213.3 .G7 E79 2009
- Unknown LC213.3 .G7 E79 2009
- Cole, Mike, 1946-
- Includes bibliographical references and index.
- Introduction-- Part 1: The Wider Context-- 1. Equality in secondary schooling-- 2. Equality and secondary education: what are the conceptual issues?-- 3. Putting principles into practice-- 4. Equality and secondary teacher education-- Part 2: Subjects-- 5. English-- 6. Mathematics-- 7. Science-- 8. Design and Technology-- 9. History-- 10. Geography-- 11. Music-- 12. Art-- 13. Physical Education-- 14. ICT-- 15. Drama.
- (source: Nielsen Book Data)
- Publisher's Summary
- This book draws on a wealth of knowledge from a varied list of contributors all of whom recognise the importance of promoting equality in schools. In this insightful book the editor's draw on a wealth of knowledge from a varied list of contributors all of whom recognise the importance of promoting equality in schools. Topics covered include: social class; race; gender; sexual orientation; disability and special educational needs with reference to all subjects taught at secondary school level.
(source: Nielsen Book Data)
- Publication date
- edited by Mike Cole.