Handbook of bullying in schools : an international perspective
- New York : Routledge, 2010.
- Physical description
- x, 614 p. : ill. ; 26 cm.
LB3013.3 .H343 2010
- Unknown LB3013.3 .H343 2010
- Includes bibliographical references and index.
- Jimerson, Swearer, Espelage, International Scholarship Advances Science and Practice Addressing Bullying in Schools. Part I: Foundations for Understanding Bullying. Olweus, Understanding and Researching Bullying: Some Critical Issues. Murray-Harvey, Slee, Taki, Comparative and Cross-cultural Research on School Bullying. Orpinas, Horne, Creating a Positive School Climate and Developing Social Competence. Espelage, Swearer, A Social-Ecological Model for Bullying Prevention and Intervention: Understanding the Impact of Adults in the Social Ecology of Youngsters. Twemlow, Fongay, Sacco, The Etiological Cast to the Role of the Bystander in the Social Architecture of Bullying and Violence in Schools and Communities. Alsaker, Gutzwiller-Helfenfinger, Social Behavior and Peer Relationships of Victims, Bully-victims, and Bullies in Kindergarten. Hymel, Schonert-Reichl, Bonanno, Vaillancourt, Henderson, Bullying and Morality: Understanding How Good Kids Can Behave Badly. Garandeau, Wilson, Rodkin, The Popularity of Elementary School Bullies in Gender and Racial Context. Smith, Bullying in Primary and Secondary Schools: Psychological and Organizational Comparisons. Taki, Relations Among Bullying, Stresses, and Stressors: A Longitudinal and Comparative Survey Among Countries. Buhs, Ladd, Herald-Brown, Victimization and Exclusion: Links to Peer Rejection, Classroom Engagement, and Achievement. Felix, Green, Popular Girls and Brawny Boys: The Role of Gender in Bullying and Victimization Experiences. Nickerson, Mele, Osborne-Oliver, Parent-child Relationships and Bullying. Pellegrini, Long, Solberg, Roseth, Pupuis, Bohn, Hickey, Bullying and Social Status During School Transitions. Vaillancourt, McDougall, Hymel, Sunderani, Respect or Fear? The Relationship Between Power and Bullying Behavior. Scherr, Larson, Bullying Dynamics Associated with Race, Ethnicity, and Immigration Status. D'Escury, Dudink, Bullying Beyond School: Examining the Role of Sports. Smith, Slonje, Cyberbullying: The Nature and Extent of a New Kind of Bullying, In and Out of School. Part II: Assessment and Measurement of Bullying. Cornell, Bandyopadhyay, The Assessment of Bullying. Bovaird, Scales and Surveys: Some Problems with Measuring Bullying Behavior. Vaillancourt, Clinton, McDougall, Schmidt, Hymel, The Neurobiology of Peer Victimization and Rejection. Swearer, Siebecker, Johnses-Frerichs, Wang, Assessment of Bullying/Victimization: The Problem of Comparability Across Studies and Across Methodologies. Furlong, Sharkey, Felix, Tanigawa, Freen, Bullying Assessment: A Call for Increased Precision of Self-Reporting Procedures. Cook, Williams, Guerra, Kim, Variability in the Prevalence of Bullying and Victimization: A Cross-National and Methodological Analysis. Part III: Research-based Prevention and Intervention. Twemlow, Vernberg, Fongay, Biggs, Nelson, Nelson, Sacco, A School Climate Intervention that Reduces Bullying by a Focus on the Bystander Audience Rather than the Bully and Victim. Olweus, Limber, The Olweus Bullying Prevention Program. Frey, Edstrom, Hirschstein, School Bullying: A Crisis or an Opportunity? Hazler, Carney, Cultural Variations in Characteristics of Effective Bullying Programs. Porter, Plog, Jens, Garrity, Sager, Bully-Proofing Your Elementary School: Creating a Caring Community. Salmivalli, Karna, Poskiparta, From Peer Putdowns to Peer Support. Rigby, Bauman, How School Personnel Tackle Cases of Bullying: A Critical Examination. Pepler, Craig, O'Connell, Peer Processes in Bullying: Informing Prevention and Intervention Strategies. Slee, The PEACE Pack: A Program for Reducing Bullying in Our Schools. Robles-Pina, Norman, Campbell-Bishop, McKay School Safety Program (MSSP): A Bilingual Bicultural Approach. Horne, Swearer, Givens, Meints, Bully Busters: Reducing Bullying by Changing Teacher and Student Behavior. Downs, Prevention of Bullying at a Systemic Level in Schools. Crothers, Kolbert, Teachers' Management of Student Bullying in the Classroom. Rigby, School Bullying and the Case for the Method of Shared Concern. Plog, Epstein, Jens, Porter, Sustainability of Bullying Intervention and Prevention Programs. Jimerson, Huai, International Perspectives on Bullying Prevention and Intervention.
- (source: Nielsen Book Data)
- Publisher's Summary
- A comprehensive analysis of the worldwide bullying phenomena. It reviews and integrates what is known about how cultural and regional issues affect bullying behavior and its prevention.
(source: Nielsen Book Data)
- Publication date
- edited by Shane R. Jimerson, Susan M. Swearer, Dorothy L. Espelage.