Spectroscopic methods in organic chemistry
- Uniform Title
- Spektroskopische Methoden in der organischen Chemie. English
- Hesse, Manfred, 1935-
- 2th [i.e. 2nd] ed. - Stuttgart [Germany] ; New York : Thieme, c2008.
- Physical description
- ix, 453 p. : ill. (some col.) ; 24 cm.
QD272 .S6 H4713 2008
- Unknown QD272 .S6 H4713 2008
- Includes bibliographical references and indexes.
- UV/Vis spectroscopy / H. Meier
- Infrared and raman spectroscopy / B. Zeeh
- Nuclear magnetic resonance spectroscopy / H. Meier
- Mass spectra / M. Hesse
- Combined examples.
- Publisher's Summary
- Using real examples, theory and application of the following methods are explained and discussed: UV/Vis-Spectroscopy, Derivative Spectroscopy, Chiroptical Methods (CD and ORD). New to the Second Edition are: Molecular Aggregates, Charge-Transfer Complexes, Conjugated Oligomeres; Infrared (IR-) and Raman-Spectroscopy, Fourier-Transform-IR-Spectroscopy, GC/IR-Combination; Nuclear Magnetic Resonance Spectroscopy (NMR): 1H-, 13C-, 19F-, 15N- and 31P-NMR, Spin Uncoupling, Triple Resonance, INDOR Difference Spectra, 2d- and 3d-NMR, COSY-, TOCSY-, ROESY- and NOESY-Spectra, NOE-, INEPT- and DEPT-Technique, DEPTQ, HETCOR, HRMAS, INADEQUATE and Lanthanides-Shift, Simulation and Calculation of Spectra, and the Combination of Separation Methods with NMR; The new 2d NMR-Techniques HMQC and HMBC, further substance examples and a guide to the complete assignment of all 1H- and 13C- NMR-Signals of a given substrate. It also covers: Mass Spectrometry (MS), Electro- and Chemical Ionization (EI and CI), Fast-Atom Bombardment (FAB), Electrospray- and Thermospray-Ionization (ESI and TSI), MS/MS Techniques (MSn), Field-Ionization and Field-Desorption (FI and FD), Atmospheric Pressure Chemical Ionization (APCI), MALDI-TOF Techniques and the Combination of Separation Methods with MS: GC/MS-, LC/MS- and HPLC-UV(DAD)-APCI-MS/MS-Technique; and Fourier Transform Ion Cyclotron Resonance MS (FT-ICR-MS). The optimized layout including many tables, and well documented practical exercises with complete solutions render this second edition more than ever to an invaluable companion for students as well as researchers.
(source: Nielsen Book Data)
- Publication date
- Manfred Hesse, Herbert Meier, Bernd Zeeh ; translated by Richard Dunmar, Martin Murray.
- "221 figures, 100 tables."