Metacognition, strategy use, and instruction
- New York : Guilford Press, c2010.
- Physical description
- xvi, 304 p. : ill. ; 24 cm.
LB1062 .M48 2010
- Unknown LB1062 .M48 2010
- Includes bibliographical references and indexes.
- Borkowski, Foreword. Part I: Skilled Memory. Waters, Kunnmann, Metacognition and Strategy Discovery in Early Childhood. Ornstein, Grammer, Coffman, Teachers' "Mnemonic Style" and the Development of Skilled Memory. Schneider, Metacognition and Memory Development in Childhood and Adolescence. Part II: Math And Science. Siegler, Lin, Self-Explanations Promote Children's Learning. H. S. Waters, T. E. A. Waters, Bird Experts: A Study of Child and Adult Knowledge Utilization. Kuhn, Pease, The Dual Components of Developing Strategy Use: Production and Inhibition. Mayer, Fostering Scientific Reasoning with Multimedia Instruction. Carr, The Importance of Metacognition for Conceptual Change and Strategy Use in Mathematics. Part III: Reading, Writing, and Academic Performance. Afflerbach, Cho, Determining and Describing Reading Strategies: Internet and Traditional Forms of Reading. Harris, Santangelo, Graham, Metacognition and Strategies Instruction in Writing. C. Cornoldi, Metacognition, Intelligence, and Academic Performance. Part IV: Conclusion. Waters, Schneider, Common Themes and Future Challenges.
- (source: Nielsen Book Data)
- Publisher's Summary
- Showcasing exemplary research programs, this book explores how theories and findings on cognitive development can be used to improve classroom instruction.
(source: Nielsen Book Data)
- Publication date
- edited by Harriet Salatas Waters, Wolfgang Schneider ; foreword by John G. Borkowski.
- Title Variation
- Metacognition, strategy use, & instruction