Higher education in Asia/Pacific : quality and the public good
- 1st ed. - New York : Palgrave Macmillan, 2009.
- Physical description
- xviii, 268 p. : ill. ; 22 cm.
- International & development education.
LA1143 .H54 2009
- Unknown LA1143 .H54 2009
- Includes bibliographical references and index.
- Quality and the Public Good: An Inseparable Linkage-- T.Bigalke & D.Neubauer The Growing Importance of the Privateness in Education: Challenges for Higher Education Governance in China-- K.H.Mok Redefining Public and Private in Asia Pacific Higher Education-- M.Lee Increasing Privatization of U.S. Higher Education: Forerunner or Deviant Case?-- T.Bigalke Rankings and Quality -- a European Perspective-- G.Federkeil Future Directions for American Higher Education Accreditation-- R.Wolff The Transformation of Quality Assurance in Higher Education In China-- J.Shi Quality Assurance and Higher Education in Japan-- S.Yamamoto Quality Assurance in Higher Education: A Developing Country Perspective and Experience-- V.S.Prasad Quality Assurance in Higher Education: The Taiwan experience since 1990s-- (Kent) S.Y.Cheng Quality assurance in Indonesian Higher Educatio-- M.K.Tajudin The Challenges of Creating and Maintaining Higher Education Quality under Conditions of Rapid Economic Development in Thailand-- S.Muangkeow The Future Directions of Higher Education Quality Assurance in Korea-- K.Lee Accreditation in the Philippines: A Case Study-- V.Ordonez & G.Ordonez Constructing a General Framework for Quality Evaluation in Higher Education-- J.Shi Doing Quality as Public Policy-- D.Neubauer.
- (source: Nielsen Book Data)
- Publisher's Summary
- Expansion and privatization have created new concerns over the quality of education throughout the Asia/Pacific region. This volume provides a framework to examine these challenges in the region and beyond.
(source: Nielsen Book Data)
- Supplemental links
Contributor biographical information
Table of contents only
- Publication date
- edited by Terance W. Bigalke and Deane E. Neubauer.
- International & development education
- "East-West Center International Forum on Higher Education 2020"--P. facing t.p.