Practitioner's guide to assessing intelligence and achievement
- Hoboken, N.J. : John Wiley & Sons, c2009.
- Physical description
- xiii, 585 p. : ill. ; 25 cm.
BF431 .P675 2009
- Unknown BF431 .P675 2009
- Includes bibliographical references and indexes.
- Preface. Foreword. PART I INTRODUCTION. Chapter 1 Understanding the Strengths and Weaknesses of Intelligence and Achievement Tests (Jack Naglieri, Sam Goldstein). Chapter 2 Current Issues in the Assessment of Intelligence, Specific Learning Disability, and Attention Deficit Hyperactivity Disorder (Sam Goldstein, Sean Cunningham). PART II INTELLIGENCE TESTS MEASURING DIVERSE ABILITIES. Chapter 3 The Cognitive Assessment System (Jack A. Naglieri, Cara Conway). Chapter 4 The Kaufman Assessment Battery for Children - Second Edition (Elizabeth O. Lichtenberger, Marlene Sotelo-Dynega, and Alan S. Kaufman). Chapter 5 Development and Application of the Reynolds Intellectual Assessment Scales (RIAS) (Cecil R. Reynolds, R.W. Kamphaus). Chapter 6 Assessment of Intellectual Strengths and Weaknesses with the Stanford-Binet Intelligence Scales-Fifth Edition (SB5) (Gale H. Roid, Seth M. Tippin). Chapter 7 The Wechsler Intelligence Scale for Children-Fourth Edition (Louise O'Donnell). Chapter 8 Wodcock-Johnson III Tests of Cognitive Abilities (Barbara J. Wendling, Nancy Mather, and Fredrick A. Schrank). PART III NON-VERBAL INTELLIGENCE TESTS. Chapter 9 Comprehensive Test of Nonverbal Intelligence-Second Edition (Donald D. Hammill, Nils A. Pearson). Chapter 10 Nonverbal Intellectual and Cognitive Assessment with the Leiter International Performance Scale-Revised (Leiter-R) (Gale H. Roid, Mark Pomplun, and Jamie J. Martin). Chapter 11 Universal Nonverbal Intelligence Test (UNIT) (Bruce A. Bracken, R. Steve McCallum). Chapter 12 Wechsler Nonverbal Scale of Ability (WNV) (Jack A. Naglieri, Kimberly Brunnert). PART IV ACHIEVEMENT TESTS. Chapter 13 The Basic Achievement Skills Inventory (BASI) (Achilles N. Bardos, Ph.D., Kathrine M. Koehler-Hak). Chapter 14 Using the Comprehensive Test of Phonological Processing (CTOPP) to Assess Reading-Related Phonological Processes (Richard K. Wagner, Joseph K. Torgesen). Chapter 15 Dynamic Indicators of Basic Early Literacy Skills (DIBELS): General Outcomes Measurement for Prevention and Remediation of Early Reading Problems (Kathrine M. Koehler-Hak, Achilles N Bardos). Chapter 16 The Grays Oral Reading Test (Fourth Edition)-GORT-4 (Brian R. Bryant, Minyi Shih, and Diane Pedrotty Bryant). Chapter 17 Kaufman Test of Educational Achievement -Second Edition (Elizabeth O. Lichtenberger, Marlene Sotelo-Dynega). Chapter 18 Wechsler Individual Achievement Test-Second Edition (Kurt T. Choate). Chapter 19 Woodcock-Johnson III Tests of Achievement (Nancy Mather, Barbara J. Wendling). Chapter 20: Achievement Assessment and Progress-Monitoring with the Wide Range Achievement Test-Fourth Edition (Gale H. Roid, Jon Bos). Author Index. Subject Index.
- (source: Nielsen Book Data)
- Publisher's Summary
- With recent revisions to the Individuals with Disabilities Education Act (IDEA), clinicians need an up-to-date resource covering key intelligence and achievement tests. Presenting contributions by leading scholars and intelligence/achievement test creators, this book creates a truly user-friendly overview of these instruments that allows the reader to immediately grasp the key concepts, updates, and utility of each test covered - and put these into real-life practice in their schools. Its practitioner-focused approach covers the latest tests with explicit instruction on how to best use them with children. Readers can easily compare features of each test through the book's consistent structure. School and clinical psychologists are equipped with the information they need to be consistent with recent updates to IDEA.
(source: Nielsen Book Data)
- Publication date
- edited by Jack A. Naglieri, Sam Goldstein.