Planning for children's play and learning : meeting children's needs in the later stages of the EYFS
- Drake, Jane, 1959-
- 3rd ed.
- London ; New York : Routledge, 2009.
- Physical description
- xviii, 229 p. : ill. ; 26 cm.
LB1137 .D73 2009
- Unknown LB1137 .D73 2009
- Includes bibliographical references (p. 221-223) and index.
- Preface Introduction 1. Planning the learning environment and quality areas of provision 2. Planning for a focus 3. Starting points for developing learning through a focus 4. Establishing positive partnerships with parents and developing learning links with home 5. Planning display as part of the curriculum 6. Observing children's play, assessing learning and keeping useful records 7. Looking forward Bibliography Index.
- (source: Nielsen Book Data)
- Publisher's Summary
- Practitioners need help keeping up to speed with the latest developments in the Early Years. Updated in line with current policy and practice, this new edition fully reflects the Early Years Foundation Stage themes, principles, commitments and guidance and recognises the importance of play as a context for teaching, learning and assessment. With explicit links to the EYFS learning and development grids and the early learning goals, it includes practical guidance and ideas on: creating stimulating learning environments indoors and out; planning exciting focus activities and experiences; responding to children's individual interests and supporting personalised learning; sound observational practice and how to assess children's learning and development within the EYFS framework; and, developing genuine partnerships with parents and learning links with home.Incorporating 'Key Points for Good Practice' within each chapter, and direct links to the EYFS 'Principles into Practice' cards as well as EYP standards, this is a key text for all practitioners working with children in the later stages of the Early Years Foundation Stage. It is also ideal for students pursuing Qualified Teacher Status in the Early Years and Early Years Professional Status, and for those enrolled in courses in Early Childhood Studies and Foundation Degrees in Early Years.
(source: Nielsen Book Data)
- Publication date
- Jane Drake.