Families, schools, and the adolescent : connecting research, policy, and practice
- New York : Teachers College Press, c2009.
- Physical description
- ix, 228 p. : ill. ; 24 cm.
LB1623.5 .F36 2009
- Unknown LB1623.5 .F36 2009
- Includes bibliographical references and index.
- Publisher's Summary
- Families and schools share a desire for students to succeed but they are often perplexed about how to collaborate and support this achievement, especially through the transition into middle and high school. This book will help educators and policymakers to identify and implement the most effective strategies to help parents remain involved in their teens' education. The research in this book looks at diverse families and adolescents from a wide range of backgrounds while considering cultural and socioeconomic contexts.
(source: Nielsen Book Data)
- Publication date
- edited by Nancy E. Hill and Ruth K. Chao ; foreword by Jacquelynne Eccles.