We were there, too! : young people in U.S. history
- Hoose, Phillip M., 1947-
- 1st ed. - New York : Farrar Straus Giroux, 2001.
- Physical description
- vii, 264 p. : ill., maps ; 26 cm.
E178.3 .H74 2001
- Unknown E178.3 .H74 2001
- Includes bibliographical references (p. 253-256) and index.
- "Tierra!" When two worlds met.-- Strangers in paradise: the British Colonies.-- Breaking away: the American Revolution.-- Learning to be a nation.-- One nation or two? The Civil War.-- Elbow room: the West.-- Shifting gears in a new century.-- Hard times: wars, depression, and dust.-- Times that kept a-changin'.-- Linking up in the twenty-first century.
- Biographies of dozens of young people who made a mark in American history, including explorers, planters, spies, cowpunchers, sweatshop workers, and civil rights workers.
- Supplemental links
Contributor biographical information
- United States > History > Anecdotes > Juvenile literature.
- United States > Biography > Anecdotes > Juvenile literature.
- Children > United States > Biography > Anecdotes > Juvenile literature.
- Youth > United States > Biography > Anecdotes > Juvenile literature.
- Children > Biography.
- Youth > Biography.
- United States > History.
- American Library Association Best Books for YA 2002; American Library Association Notable Children's Bk 2002; Horn Book Fanfare List 2002; Notable Children's Trade Book/Social Studies 2002; Booklist Editor's Choice/Books for Youth 2001.
- Publication date
- Phillip Hoose.
- "Melanie Kroupa books."