New York : Viking, 2002.
- 217 p. : ill. ; 25 cm.
Includes bibliographical references (p. 211) and index.
- 1912-1919 Insane-asylum baby
- 1919-1929 Boomtown
- 1929-1935 Dusty old dust
- 1935-1938 California and Lefty Lou
- 1938-1940 "Woody sez"
- 1940-1941 Hitting the big time
- 1941-1942 On the road again
- 1942-1943 Folksay dancers
- 1943-1945 Shipping out
- 1946-1947 Stackybones
- 1947-1952 Alcohol and fists
- 1952-1954 Last run for freedom
- 1954-1967 Windblown seeds
- Resources: Woody Guthrie Foundation and Archives; Huntington's disease.
A biography of Woody Guthrie, a singer who wrote over 3,000 folk songs and ballads as he traveled around the United States, including "This Land is Your Land" and "So Long It's Been Good to Know Yuh."