Dr. Strangelove [videorecording] [Blu-ray version]. : or, How I learned to stop worrying and love the bomb
- English, Arabic, Dutch, French. English (TrueHD 5.1, Dolby stereo.) or dubbed French (TrueHD 5.1) dialogue, Arabic, Dutch, English or French subtitles; English subtitles for the deaf and hard of hearing ; (Special features: English dialogue, Dutch or French subtitles).
- 45th anniversary special ed.
- Culver City, Calif. : Sony Pictures Home Entertainment, 
- Physical description
- 1 videodisc (ca. 95 min.) : sd., b&w ; 4 3/4 in.
- FILMSTUD-490-01 -- Movies of Stanley Kubrick
- Levi, Pavle
Request at circulation desk
ZDVD 20870 BLU-RAY
On Reserve 4-hour loan
- Unknown ZDVD 20870 BLU-RAY
- Kubrick, Stanley Director
- George, Peter, 1924-1966 Author of screenplay
- Southern, Terry Author of screenplay
- Sellers, Peter, 1925-1980 Actor
- Scott, George C., 1927-1999. Actor
- Hayden, Sterling, 1916-1986 Actor
- Wynn, Keenan, 1916-1986 Actor
- Pickens, Slim Actor
- Reed, Tracy. Actor
- Columbia Pictures Corporation.
- Sony Pictures Home Entertainment (Firm)
- A group of paranoia-inspired, war-happy generals manage to initiate an "accidential" nuclear apocalypse. Joint Chief of Staff "Buck" Turgidson and Air Force Strategic Commander Jack Ripper, order a bomber squadron to attack the USSR. This triggers a Soviet secret weapon called the 'Doomsday Machine.' The weapon is a diabolical retaliatory missile system. In an attempt to advert this catastrophe, British Captain Lionel Mandrake becomes the only person with access to Gen. Ripper. U.S. President Muffley, whose best attempt at diverting this disaster depends on convincing a boozed-up Soviet Premier it's all a silly mistake. Advising the president is Dr. Strangelove, a demented ex-Nazi scientist.
- Cold War > Drama.
- United States > Relations > Soviet Union > Drama.
- Nuclear weapons > Drama.
- Scientists > United States > Drama.
- Generals > United States > Drama.
- Military maneuvers > United States > Drama.
- Military maneuvers > Soviet Union > Drama.
- Paranoia > United States > Drama.
- Paranoia > Soviet Union > Drama.
- Release date
- Production date
- Columbia Pictures presents Stanley Kubrick's [film] ; screenplay by Stanley Kubrick and Peter George & Terry Southern ; produced & directed by Stanley Kubrick.
- Title from container.
- Based on the book "Red alert" by Peter George.
- Originally released as a motion picture in 1964.
- Special features: "The Cold War:" Picture-in-Picture and Pop-up trivia track; "No fighting in the War Room, or: Dr. Strangelove and the Nuclear threat" featurette; "Inside: Dr. Strangelove, or: how I learned to stop worrying and love the bomb" featurette; "Best Sellers, or: Peter Sellers and Dr. Strangelove" featurette; "The art of Stanley Kubrick: from short films to Strangelove" featurette; an interview with Robert McNamara; split-screen interviews with Peter Sellers and George C. Scott; BD-Live enabled.
- Peter Sellers, George C. Scott, Sterling Hayden, Keenan Wynn, Slim Pickens, Tracy Reed.
- MPAA rating: PG; thematic elements, some violent content, sexual humor and mild language.
- Blu-ray disc, regions A, B, and C, widescreen (1.66:1); Dolby TrueHD 5.1 surround, Dolby Digital mono., 1080p High Definition ; (Special features: Dolby Digital stereo., High Definition and standard definition).
- This Blu-ray disc will not play in standard DVD players.
- This Blu-ray disc is copy protected.
- Related Work
- George, Peter, 1924-1966. Red alert.
- Publisher Number
- 26365 Sony Pictures Home Entertainment