Building sustainable leadership capacity
- Thousand Oaks, Calif. : Corwin Press ; [Bloomington, Ind.] : HOPE Foundation ; [S.l.] : American Association of School Administrators, c2009.
- Physical description
- xxii, 177 p. : ill. ; 24 cm.
- Soul of educational leadership ; v. 5.
LB2831.82 .B85 2009
- Unknown LB2831.82 .B85 2009
- Includes bibliographical references and index.
- Acknowledgments About the Editors About the Contributors Introduction 1. What I Believe About Leadership Development - Dennis Sparks 2. Reconceptualizing the Road Toward Leadership Capacity - Linda Lambert 3. The Moral Imperative Revisited: Achieving Large-Scale Reform - Michael Fullan 4. Leadership for Mortals: Developing and Sustaining Leaders of Learning - Dean Fink 5. Liberating Leadership Potential: Designing for Leadership Growth - Louise Stoll, David Jackson 6. Against the Odds: Successful Leadership in Challenging Schools - Alma Harris 7. Developing Leaders of Learners - Robert W. Katulak 8. Building Leadership Capacity for School-Based Social-Emotional Learning (SEL): The Trajectory of Young Leaders - Maurice J. Elias 9. Developing and Sustaining Leadership Capacity - Nancy Shin Pascal Index.
- (source: Nielsen Book Data)
- Publisher's Summary
- This fifth volume in "The Soul of Educational Leadership" series offers revolutionary concepts and relevant strategies for sustaining effective school leadership in today's changing schools. With stimulating contributions from Michael Fullan, Andy Hargreaves, Dean Fink, Alma Harris, Ivor Goodson, and other educational leaders in the field, this book combines research, practice, and innovative thinking in a powerful reference for busy administrators.
(source: Nielsen Book Data)
- Publication date
- Alan M. Blankstein, Paul D. Houston, Robert W. Cole, editors.
- The soul of educational leadership ; v. 5
- "A joint publication."