Feel these words : writing in the lives of urban youth
- Weinstein, Susan, 1965-
- Albany, NY : SUNY Press, c2009.
- Physical description
- xii, 189 p. ; 23 cm.
LB1631 .W354 2009
- Unknown LB1631 .W354 2009
- Includes bibliographical references (p. 173-179) and index.
- "I am me but who am I?" : introducing the writers
- "You never let me speak" : power, language, and learning
- "Questioning myself and the people around me" : identifications and communality in imaginative writing
- "You gotta be a writer to get in the game" : understanding rap as a literate discourse
- Pregnancy, pimps, & "clichéd love things" : writing through gender and sexuality
- "My work sparked an interest in someone else" : the pleasures of imaginative writing
- "I'm book smart, street smart & everything in between" : writing, literate identity, and academic achievement
- "If you can't write you can't succeed" : changing attitudes among educators and youth.
- Publication date
- Susan Weinstein.