Inclusion strategies that work for adolescent learners!
- Karten, Toby J.
- Thousand Oaks, Calif. : Corwin, c2009.
- Physical description
- xi, 230 p. : ill. ; 29 cm.
LC1201 .K369 2009
- Unknown LC1201 .K369 2009
- Includes bibliographical references (p. 215-223) and index.
- Preface Acknowledgments About the Author Part I. Issues in the Background and Foreground 1. Inclusive Mind-Sets and Best Practices for Adolescents 2. Inclusive Settings Part II. Adolescent Cultures: Ways to Teach and Reach 3. Relating Cognitive and Psychological Theories to Adolescents 4. Beyond the Labels and Into the Abilities of Adolescent Learners 5. Applying Inclusive Strategies That Correlate With Adolescents? Lives Part III. Focusing on Results 6. Meshing the Research to Achieve and Surpass the Standards in Adolescent Classrooms 7. Classroom Dynamics That Enhance Learning and Retention 8. Examining Exit Strategies That Prepare Adolescents to Enter the World Bibliography and Resources Index.
- (source: Nielsen Book Data)
- Publisher's Summary
- This book will help educators address the academic and social needs of adolescent learners in inclusive classrooms. It outlines the emotional, behavioral, social, and academic theories as they apply to adolescent learners. It then gives specific curriculum connections. Lesson plans will include objectives that focus on inclusive successes for all learners. Academic and social connections to everyday academics will be enumerated through many scenarios that apply best practices to middle school and secondary settings. This book will walk the adolescent talk!.
(source: Nielsen Book Data)
- Publication date
- Toby J. Karten.