The essentials of school leadership
- 2nd ed. - Los Angeles : SAGE, 2009.
- Physical description
- xv, 208 p. : ill. ; 25 cm.
LB2806 .E828 2009
- Unknown LB2806 .E828 2009
- Davies, Brent, 1949-
- Includes bibliographical references and index.
- Introduction: The Essentials Of School Leadership - Brent Davies Section One: Strategic and Transformational Leadership Strategic Leadership - Brent Davies and Barbara J. Davies Transformational Leadership - Kenneth Leithwood and Doris Jantzi Section Two: Ethical and Moral Leadership Invitational Leadership - John M. Novak Ethical Leadership - Robert J. Starratt Section Three: Learning and Leadership in Interrelationships Learning-Centered Leadership - Geoff Southworth Constructivist Leadership - Linda Lambert Section 4: Leadership Skills and Abilities Poetical and Political Leadership - Terrence E. Deal Entrepreneurial Leadership - Guilbert C. Hentschke Section 5: Developing and Sustaining Leaders Leadership Development in Schools - Peter Earley and Jeff Jones Sustainable Leadership - Andy Hargreaves.
- (source: Nielsen Book Data)
- Publisher's Summary
- Building on the success of the first edition, this book provides a focused up-to-date introduction to the current themes and dimensions of educational leadership through contributions from some of the leading authors in the field. Each chapter introduces the reader to a key aspect of leadership. This new edition has been fully updated to include recent developments, new chapter summaries and further reading, and a new chapter on Developing Leadership. Written in an accessible style, this book is essential reading for school leaders who wish to have a better understanding of their leadership role. It is also suitable for Masters/Doctoral students worldwide, and will give those on professional development courses a valuable insight into school leadership.
(source: Nielsen Book Data)
- Educational leadership.
- Publication date
- edited by Brent Davies.
- Previous ed.: London: Paul Chapman, 2005.