Turner, Pamela S.
- Publication date:
- 1st ed. - New York : Farrar, Straus, and Giroux, 2008.
- 103 p. : ill. (chiefly col.), col. maps ; 26 cm.
"Melanie Kroupa Books."
Includes bibliographical references and index.
- Prologue: Central India, 1964
- The call of the wild: the United States, 1947-1957
- Gorilla forest: the Belgian Congo, Central Africa, 1959-1960
- A clan of tigers: central India, 1963-1965
- Lion country: Tanzania, East Africa, 1966-1969
- Cat among the clouds: Pakistan and Nepal, the Himalayas, 1969-1975
- Panda politics: central China, 1980-1985
- Asses and antelopes: the Tibetan Plateau, western China, 1985-present
- The fate of the wild.
Spotlights Schaller working, observing some of the world's most endangered animals. Many of these species were previously considered impossible to study in the wild.