Winning strategies for test taking, grades 3-8 : a practical guide for teaching test preparation
- Denstaedt, Linda.
- Thousand Oaks, Calif. : Corwin, c2009.
- Physical description
- xv, 126 p. : ill. ; 27 cm.
LB3060.57 .D46 2009
- Unknown LB3060.57 .D46 2009
- Includes bibliographical references (p. 121-122) and index.
- Preface Acknowledgments About the Authors 1. Coaching Test Thinkers 2. Test-Reading Strategies 3. Question-Answering Strategies 4. Constructed Response Questions 5. Writing to a Prompt 6. Preparing to Use This Unit of Study Resources References Index.
- (source: Nielsen Book Data)
- Publisher's Summary
- "Winning Strategies for Test Taking" provides a practical, three-week unit of test taking skills that makes the most efficient use of classroom time and uses commonsense strategies that are engaging for students in Grades 3-8. The authors' fun approach raises the appeal of test taking and teaches effective meta cognitive skills that transfer beyond the classroom into students' lives. Full of reproducible resources such as planning guides, models, examples of think-alouds, annotated state exams, and more, this book shows how to help students excel at different types of test formats, including: reading and analyzing texts; multiple choice questions; true-or-false questions; constructed response writing; and, writing to a prompt. Meet the demands of high-stakes testing and develop students' confidence to conquer the challenges of test taking in the classroom and decision making throughout their lives.
(source: Nielsen Book Data)
- Publication date
- Linda Denstaedt, Judy Cova Kelly, Kathleen Kryza.