Prioritizing urban children, teachers, and schools through professional development schools
- Albany, NY : SUNY Press, c2009.
- Physical description
- x, 273 p. : ill. ; 24 cm.
LB2154 .S23 P75 2009
- Unknown LB2154 .S23 P75 2009
- Includes bibliographical references (p. 247-261) and index.
- Introduction: The equity network : the contextual and theoretical frameworks for urban professional development schools / Pia Lindquist Wong and Ronald David Glass
- Floating boats and solar ovens : involving candidates in science, mathematics, and technology learning communities / Lorie Hammond ... [et al.]
- Science for social responsibility / Claudya A. Lum ... [et al.]
- Education of the community, by the community, and for the community : the Language Academy of Sacramento / Susan Baker ... [et al.]
- Connecting teacher educators across roles, domains, and knowledge bases / William T. Owens, Jr.
- Beyond the classroom : candidates connect to colleagues, children, and communities / Jeanne Malvetti and Christie Wells-Artman
- Structural shifts and cultural transformations : university faculty members and their work in PDSs / Jana Noel and Deidre B. Sessoms
- Perspectives on negotiation and equilibrium in the politics of knowledge : transforming the university and the school into a PDS partnership / Kathryn Hayes
- Not starting from scratch : applying the lessons from a thwarted PDS effort / Janet I. Hecsh
- Bridging the disconnect : the promise of lesson study / David Jelinek and Jenna Porter
- Making history by creating new traditions : concluding reflections and future directions / Ronald David Glass and Pia Lindquist Wong.
- Publication date
- edited by Pia Lindquist Wong and Ronald David Glass.