Program administrator's guide to early childhood special education : leadership, development, & supervision
- Baltimore, Md. : Paul H. Brookes Pub. Co., c2009.
- Physical description
- xvii, 414 p. : ill. ; 26 cm.
LC4019.3 .P76 2009
- Unknown LC4019.3 .P76 2009
- Includes bibliographical references and index.
- Something Old, Something Newer Janeen M. Taylor and Toni W. Linder-- Effective Leadership James McGowan and Sarah A McGowan-- Providing Leadership for Interagency Collaborative Efforts Carol Ann Baglin-- The First Step for Children and Families: Setting up a System for Screening, Evaluating, and Assessing Young Children with Disabilities and Their Families Mary Hendricks and Janeen Taylor-- Program Planning and Implementation for Infants and Toddlers with Disabilities and Their Families Anne Hickey and Janeen Taylor-- Program Planning and Implementation for Preschool Children with Disabilities and Their Families Marisa Conner, Jeannie Norissa, and Toni Linder-- Technology in Early Childhood Special Education Linda Tsantis and John Castellani-- Transitions and Service Coordination in Early Childhood Special Education Brenda Hussey Gardner-- Professional Development and Mentoring Cindy Johnson and Janeen Taylor-- Supervision of Professionals, Paraprofessionals and Volunteers James McGowan-- Health and Safety Considerations W. Scott Taylor, M.D. and Nancy Ross, R.N.-- Budget and Finance of Early Childhood Special Education Programs James McGowan-- Proposal Writing, Submission, and Management Naomi Tyler of the Alliance Project.
- (source: Nielsen Book Data)
- Publisher's Summary
- This book offers students and professionals practical information for developing and improving the quality of early childhood special education. It contains a wealth of knowledge and experiences from people involved in leadership and program administration. Several chapters also provide specific suggestions for setting up a family and child friendly system for evaluating young children. The revised edition focuses on implementation rather than establishment of early childhood education systems. This edition also notes changes in the field since the original book was published.
(source: Nielsen Book Data)
- Publication date
- edited by Janeen McCracken Taylor, James R. McGowan, Toni Linder.