Qualitative research in education : a user's guide
- Lichtman, Marilyn.
- Ed. 2. - Los Angeles : Sage, c2010.
- Physical description
- xxi, 265 p. : ill. ; 24 cm.
LB1028 .L436 2010
- Unknown LB1028 .L436 2010
- Includes bibliographical references (p. 247-258) and index.
- PART I: TRADITIONS AND INFLUENCES Chapter 1: Introduction and Overview of the Field Chapter 2: Insights From the Past Chapter 3: Learning How to Be a Qualitative Researcher Chapter 4: Ethical Issues in Qualitative Research Chapter 5: Designing Your Research: Choosing From a Variety of Approaches PART II: GATHERING, ORGANIZING, AND ANALYZING Chapter 6: Embarking on Qualitative Research Chapter 7: Self-Reflexivity and Subjectivity Chapter 8: The Role and Function of a Literature Review Chapter 9: Learning About Others Through Interviewing Chapter 10: Learning About Others Through Observations and Other Techniques PART III: PUTTING IT ALL TOGETHER Chapter 11: Making Meaning From Your Data Chapter 12: Communicating Your Ideas Chapter 13: Judging and Evaluating Chapter 14: Thinking About the Future.
- (source: Nielsen Book Data)
- Publisher's Summary
- "Qualitative Research in Education: A User's Guide, 2nd Edition" is a core textbook for graduate courses in educational research. As with the first edition, the book will provide readers with a blend of practical and theoretical information. The use of real-world examples and illustrations will help users grasp abstract ideas and apply them to their research. The 2nd Edition includes: a streamlined organization, consolidating similar topics to eliminate replication in the first 5 chapters; new and updated examples to highlight the 'how-tos' of doing qualitative research, along with new ways of thinking about qualitative research and information on new technologies; a new chapter on ethics, pulling together information from various spots in the existing chapters, to focus on this important and current topic; and, a new brief Student Study Site that includes sample forms, sample projects, and Web resources.
(source: Nielsen Book Data)
- Publication date
- Marilyn Lichtman.