Historia scholastica : manuscript fragment
- Petrus, Comestor, active 12th century
- Latin. Latin.
- [France, mid-14th century]
- Physical description
- 1 bifolium (a total of 8 columns of 38 lines each) : vellum; 29 cm.
All materials are stored offsite. Request items 2 business days in advance. Maximum 5 items per day.
Manuscript Collection: request at Special Collections service desk
- In-library use M1683
- The HISTORIA SCHOLASTICA is a continuous biblical history from the Creation to the Ascension based on the Old Testament, the Gospels, and the Acts, supplemented by references to the Church Fathers and other authors. This text contains commentaries on I Kings 23-4, and II Kings 10-12, and deals extensively with King David, including his adultery and murder of Uriah.
- Earliest possible date
- Latest possible date
- Gothic script, brown ink.
- Ruled lightly with plummet, rubrics filled in but spaces for two-line initials left blank.
- Open for research; material must be requested at least 24 hours in advance of intended use.
- Purchased, 2009. Accession 2009-142.