Mahwah, N.J. : Lawrence Erlbaum Associates, 2007.
- xxvii, 747 p. : ill. ; 26 cm.
- Title Variation:
Handbook of multicultural school psychology
Includes bibliographical references and indexes.
- Foreword / Sylvia Rosenfield
- A multicultural framework
- A historical review of the development of multicultural school psychology / Giselle B. Esquivel, Tanya M. Warren, and Sarah Littman Olitzky
- Professional standards, guidelines, and ethical issues within a multicultural context / Jonathan H. Sandoval
- Multicultural competencies and training in school psychology: issues, approaches, and future directions / Emilia C. Lopez and Margaret R. Rogers
- Multicultural consultation
- Multicultural issues in instructional consultation for English language learning students / Emilia C. Lopez and LeeAnn Truesdell
- Focusing on consultees in multicultural consultation / Colette L. Ingraham
- Consulting with culturally and linguistically diverse parents / Sara G. Nahari, Danielle Martines, and Gelasia Marquez
- Systemic consultation in a multilingual setting / Abigail M. Harris
- Instructional and classroom interventions
- Implementing culturally sensitive interventions in classroom settings / Kathleen C. Harris and Barbara S. C. Goldstein
- Multicultural education practices: practical applications / Angela Reyes-Carrasquillo
- Bilingual education practices / Nancy Cloud
- Integrating English language learners in general education / Sandra H. Fradd
- Multicultural and bilingual assessment
- Assessing oral and written languages proficiency: a guide for psychologists and teachers / Margo Gottlieb and Else Hamayan
- Cognitive assessment of culturally and linguistically diverse students / Ena Vazquez-Nuttall ... [et al.]
- Personality and behavioral assessment: considerations for culturally and linguistically diverse individuals / Samantha W. Kohn, Denise Sorcia, and Giselle B. Esquivel
- Neuropsychological assessment of culturally and linguistically diverse children: a review of relevant issues and appropriate methods / Laura B. Kestemberg, Melissa Tarnofsky Silverman, and Michael R. Emmons
- Multicultural vocational assessment in schools: unexplored barriers and untapped resources / Margo A. Jackson, Jaclyn Mendelson Kacanski, and Mariana Rotenberg
- Assessment of acculturation / Catherine Collier ... [et al.]
- Academic assessment of bilingual and English language learning students / Danielle Martines and Ofelia Rodriguez-Srednicki
- Multicultural therapeutic interventions
- Counseling culturally and linguistically diverse children and youth: a self-regulatory approach / Jairo N. Fuertes, Vincent C. Alfonso, and Janet T. Shultz
- Multicultural vocational interventions with diverse adolescents in low-income urban schools / Margo A. Jackson, Jonathan P. Rust, and Natasha DeFio Santiago
- Special populations
- Identifying gifted and talented culturally and liguistically diverse children and adolescents / Geraldine V. Oades-Sese, Giselle B. Esquivel, and Cecilia Añon
- Educating culturally and linguistically diverse gifted and talented students through a dual-language, multicultural curriculum / Ernesto M. Bernal
- Culturally and linguistically diverse preschool children / Graciela Elizalde-Utnick
- Culturally and linguistically diverse children and youth with low incidence disabilities / Craig A. Michaels and Sara G. Nahari
- Working with migrant children and their families / Mary M. Clare and Georgina García
- Cluturally and linguistically diverse children and youth with learning disabilities / Joan Silverstein and Chun Zhang
- Culturally and linguistically diverse college-age students / Judith Kaufman and Jonell Sanchez
- Bridging Cultures® in parent conferences: implications for school psychology / Elise Trumbull ... [et al.]
- Future perspectives
- Directions for future research: a research agenda for multicultural issues in education, assessment, and intervention / Alberto M. Bursztyn
- Future directions for practitioners, trainers, and researchers: interdisciplinary perspectives
- Bilingual special education commentary: the education of English language learners with special needs: the challenge for school psychologists / Leonard Baca
- Counseling psychology commentary: counseling strategies to embrace diversity and eliminate racism in schools / Charles R. Ridley and Shannon M. Kelly
- Clinical psychology commentary: multicultural lessons learned from clinical psychology and implications for school psychology / Stanley Sue
- Social psychology commentary: social psychology in the multicultural classroom / Harold Takooshian and Tresmaine R. Grimes
- Organizational psychology commentary: reorganizing student supports to enhance equity / Howard S. Adelman and Linda Taylor.
- Nahari, Sara G.
Lopez, Emilia C.
Esquivel, Giselle B.