The teacher's concise guide to functional behavioral assessment
- Waller, Raymond J.
- Thousand Oaks, Calif. : Corwin Press, c2009.
- Physical description
- vii, 125 p. : ill. ; 24 cm.
LB1124 .W355 2009
- Unknown LB1124 .W355 2009
- Includes bibliographical references (p. 118-120) and index.
- Acknowledgments About the Authors 1. Why FBA? 2. Conjunction Junction, What's the Behavior's Function? 3. Getting Started Through the Back Door: Indirect Assessment 4. Descriptive Analysis 5. Functional Analysis 6. Multiple Functions 7. When to Use What 8. Summarizing and Reporting the Data 9. FBA Within an RTI Framework 10. A Beginner's Look at Function-Based Support Planning Appendices Conclusion Bibliography Index.
- (source: Nielsen Book Data)
- Publisher's Summary
- 'Offers great suggestions on how to read and interpret important information for children with behavioral issues' - Ramona Marquez, Director of Special Education, Hatch Valley Public Schools, Hatch, NM. Because every behavior has a reason behind its Functional Behavioral Assessment (FBA) is a highly effective, student-centered approach to improving challenging behavior. The method helps educators figure out why students act the way they do and then make the appropriate environmental or instructional adjustments. Ideal for general and special educators new to FBAs, this concise, accessible guidebook offers a practical overview of how to use classroom and behavioral assessment data to make the learning environment enjoyable for all, including the teacher. Readers will learn how to: identify and understand the underlying factors of challenging behavior; observe, collect, and analyze classroom data; adopt evidence-based intervention strategies to correct problem behavior; and, prepare a proactive plan for serious disruptions. Blending light-hearted humor with personal experiences and case studies, the author provides concrete methods for positive, effective behavioral intervention.
(source: Nielsen Book Data)
- Publication date
- Raymond J. Waller.
- Title Variation
- Functional behavioral assessment