Epstein, Joseph, 1937-
- Publication date:
- Boston : Houghton Mifflin Co., 2006.
Includes bibliographical references (p. -258) and index.
- A little taxonomy of friends
- A charming gift for false intimacy
- Best friends
- The quickest way to kill friendships
- Friends-who needs 'em?
- An extremely sketchy history of friendship
- Reciprocity, or is it obligation?
- A friendship diary : adulation, stimulation, obligation
- Pity is at the bottom of women
- Boys will be boys
- Petty details vs. eternal verities
- Disparate friends
- Cliques and clans and communities
- Talking the talk
- Friendship's new rival
- Broken friendships
- Is there an art of friendship?