Creating tomorrow : planning, developing, and sustaining change in education and other public services
- Collarbone, Patricia.
- London ; New York : Network Continuum, c2009.
- Physical description
- xv, 118 p. : ill. ; 25 cm.
LB2822.84 .G7 C65 2009
- Unknown LB2822.84 .G7 C65 2009
- Includes bibliographical references (p. -112) and index.
- Foreword by Sir Michael Barber-- Introduction-- Chapter 1: The Imperative for change-- Chapter 2: Remodelling: The early days-- Chapter 3: Remodelling: Extending the agenda-- Chapter 4: Remodelling: The process-- Chapter 5: Remodelling: Making it work-- Chapter 6: Remodelling: The change team-- Chapter 7: Remodelling: The critical importance of leadership-- Chapter 8: Remodelling: Sustaining change-- References.
- (source: Nielsen Book Data)
- Publisher's Summary
- More so than ever UK schools are being encouraged to think seriously about modernisation and remodelling. This title not only shows schools how to achieve this but it also provides strategies for making change sustainable for the future.This book is about workforce modernisation and cultural change. In the last few years, remodelling has been taking place in UK schools and in local authorities, children's centres, and locally based agencies and services that support young people. Some of these organisations have worked through the remodelling process but others need to and would benefit from doing so. The book will be of benefit to all as its primary focus is on sustainable change rather than simply getting started. Work has recently begun on remodelling in the Further Education sector.
(source: Nielsen Book Data)
- Publication date
- Pat Collarbone.