Medical instrumentation : application and design
- 4th ed.
- Hoboken, NJ : John Wiley & Sons, c2010.
- Physical description
- xix, 713 p. : ill. ; 25 cm.
R856 .M376 2010
- Unknown R856 .M376 2010
- Includes bibliographical references and index.
- Basic Concepts of Medical Instrumentation (W. Olson) Basic Sensors and Principles (R. Peura & J. Webster) Amplifiers and Signal Processing (J. Webster) The Origin of Biopotentials (J. Clark) Biopotential Electrodes (M. Neuman) Biopotential Amplifiers (M. Neuman) Blood Pressure and Sound (R. Peura) Measurement of Flow and Volume of Blood (J. Webster) Measurements of the Respiratory System (F. Primiano) Chemical Biosensors (R. Peura) Clinical Laboratory Instrumentation (L. Wheeler) Medical Imaging Systems (M. Siedband) Therapeutic and Prosthetic Devices (M. Neuman) Electrical Safety (W. Olson) Appendix Index.
- (source: Nielsen Book Data)
- Publisher's Summary
- This book provides biomedical engineers with the premiere reference on medical instrumentation as well as a comprehensive overview of the basic concepts. The revised edition features new material on infant apnea monitors, impedance pneumography, the design of cardiac pacemakers, and disposable defibrillator electrodes and their standards. Each chapter includes new problems and updated reference material that cover the latest medical technologies. The chapters have also been revised with new material in medical imaging, providing biomedical engineers with the most current techniques in the field.
(source: Nielsen Book Data)
- Publication date
- John G. Webster, editor ; contributing authors, John W. Clark, Jr. ... [et al.].