Computer simulation studies in condensed-matter physics XIX : proceedings of the nineteenth workshop, Athens, GA, USA, February 20-24, 2006
- Workshop on Computer Simulation Studies in Condensed-matter Physics (19th : 2006 : Athens, Ga.)
- Berlin : Springer, c2009.
- Physical description
- viii, 154 p. : ill. ; 24 cm.
- Springer proceedings in physics ; v. 123.
- Includes bibliographical references.
- From the contents Visualizing Nanodiamond and Nanotubes with AViz.- Molecular Dynamics Simulations for Anisotropic Systems.- Logarithmic Corrections and Universal Amplitude Ratios in the 4-State Potts Model.- Computer Simulations of Models for Confined Two-Dimensional Colloidal Crystals.- Vortex Fluctuation and Magnetic Friction.- Simulating the Interaction of High Intensity Optical Pulses with Nanostructured Optical Devices.- Solvent-Free Lipid-Bilayer Simulations.- Accelerated Molecular-Dynamics Simulation if Thin Film Growth.- First-order Reversal Curve Analysis of Kinetic Monte Carlo Simulations of First- and Second-order Phase Transitions.- Rate Constant in Far-from-Equilibrium Open Systems.- Simulational Study on the Linear Response for Huge Hamiltionians.- Dynamics and Thermal Structure of Gas-Liquid Phase Interface.- Fisher Waves and teh Velocity of Front Propagation in a Two-Species Invation Model with Preemptive Competition.- Event-by-event Simulation of EPR-Bohm Experiments.- Simulational Study of the Multiple States in Hippocampal Slices.- Deconstructing the Structural Convergence of the (110) Surface of Rutile TiO2.- Ensemble Optimization Techniques for the Simulation of Slowly Equilibrating Systems.- Attraction-limited Cluster-Cluster Aggregation of Ising Dipolar Particles.
- (source: Nielsen Book Data)
- Publisher's Summary
- This volume represents a 'status report' emanating from presentations made during the 19th Annual Workshop on Computer Simulations Studies in Condensed Matter Physics. It provides a broad overview of the most recent advances in the field, spanning the range from statistical physics to soft condensed matter and biological systems. Results on nanostructures and materials are included as are several descriptions of advances in quantum simulations and quantum computing as well as methodological advances.
(source: Nielsen Book Data)
- Publication date
- D.P. Landau, S.P. Lewis, H.-B. Schüttler (eds.).
- Springer proceedings in physics, 0930-8989 ; 123
- "19th Annual Workshop on Computer Simulation Studies in Condensed-matter Physics [held] at the Center for Simulational Physics at the University of Georgia"--P.  of cover.